IIROC has undertaken a multi-year initiative to enhance its Proficiency regime with the intention of launching the new standards in 2026.
Proficiency standards are a cornerstone of the IIROC regulatory regime. High proficiency standards play a key role in investor protection and the integrity and efficiency of capital markets. IIROC’s goal is to create, maintain and promote high proficiency standards and a robust proficiency regime in the investment industry.
IIROC launched a request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) process on October 11, 2022 to provide education services to support enhancements to IIROC’s proficiency regime. IIROC welcomes new and alternative models for the delivery of its education services including multiple course providers, joint or partnership arrangements amongst vendors or with IIROC.
The REOI process includes an optional information session for vendors. Interested vendors can access the REOI details and obtain the latest information on the initiative by visiting this page regularly or emailing any questions to [email protected].
High Level Timeline
Frequently Asked Questions
- Consultation Paper (Phase III) – Competency Profiles for Supervisors, Traders, Associate Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Managers | IIROC (8/29/2022)
- Consultation Paper (Phase II) – Competency Profiles for Directors, Executives, Ultimate Designated Persons, Chief Compliance Officers, and Chief Financial Officers | IIROC (8/31/2021)
- Consultation Paper (Phase I) - Competency Profiles for Registered Representatives and Investment Representatives, Retail and Institutional | IIROC (8/18/2020)
- IIROC announces new proficiency assurance model (9/22/2015)
- Proficiency Assurance: The Next Phase in Proficiency Regulation (9/22/2015)
- Proficiency Assurance: The Next Phase Consultation Relating to Expiry of CSI Contract (7/16/2014)
Email: [email protected]