We want to hear from you if you have concerns about potential rule infractions or would like to report misconduct by your IIROC-regulated financial advisor or investment firm. IIROC is committed to thoroughly assessing all regulatory matters brought to our attention and will take appropriate regulatory and disciplinary action against those who fail to meet their regulatory obligations.
There are three ways to report misconduct with IIROC:
Use our toll-free number
1-877-442-4322. IIROC records all calls to and from our Complaints & Inquiries telephone lines.
Send an email to
with your concerns. Please include your telephone number in the body of your message.
Fill out a complaint form
- You don’t have to prove your case in order to report an issue
- Be ready to provide as many details as possible, including:
- Your name and contact information
- Name(s) and contact information of the individuals or firms mentioned in your report
- Specific details – how, why and when you encountered the issue(s)
- Relevant documentation – copies of forms and notes of meetings or discussions, for example
IIROC does not provide compensation or dispute resolution services. IIROC requires firms to handle investor complaints to prescribed high standards and to take part in dispute resolution when requested by a client. You can learn about dispute resolution services available to investors on the
Getting Your Money Back page of this website or by downloading the IIROC brochure, “An Investor’s Guide to Making a Complaint” (PDF).