IIROC is issuing this notice as a reminder that the IIROC Rules, updated Form 1 and related guidance published in Notice 21-0190 will be effective on December 31, 2021.
At the same time, the following rules will be repealed:
- the Dealer Member Rules, which include the current versions of Form 1 and Form 2,
- the Consolidated Enforcement, Examination and Approval Rules,1 and
- the Continuing Education Rules (together referred to as the Current Rules).
To facilitate the transition from the Current Rules to the IIROC Rules, please refer to the following tables of concordance:
- Table of concordance between the Current Rules and the IIROC Rules,
- Table of concordance between the current and updated guidance notes.2
In addition, our Member Regulation Policy team hosted six webcasts to provide an overview of each IIROC Rules series. You can find the links to these webcasts in Notice 21-0222.
- 1Given that the Consolidated Enforcement, Examination and Approval Rules (Consolidated Rules) are incorporated into the IIROC Rules, after December 31, 2021, IIROC will no longer reference the Consolidated Rules in new Enforcement investigations or Enforcement proceedings. This change in nomenclature does not change the transition provision guidance set out in Notice 21-0190 with respect to the application of the Dealer Member Rules in Enforcement proceedings.
- 2In Notice 21-0224, we published an additional guidance note on the pre-approval of Associate Portfolio Managers’ advice.