The Single Circuit Stock Breakers (SSCBs) program is a tool used to further mitigate market volatility. Together with other complementary IIROC initiatives, the expansion of SSCBs helps maintain fair and orderly markets, and fosters investor confidence.
Effective February 2, 2015, SSCBs apply to:
- Each security that is a constituent of the S&P/TSX Composite Index;
- Each Exempt Exchange-traded Fund (ETF) the assets of which is comprised principally of listed securities, and
- Each security that is considered "actively traded".
For the purposes of SSCBs, a listed security is considered "actively-traded" if the particular listed security traded, in total, on one or more marketplaces as reported on a consolidated market display during the three calendar months ending immediately preceding the determination:
- A weighted average of at least 500 times per trading day, and
- With a weighted average trading value of at least $1,200,000 per trading day.
The data for the first five trading days for new listings is excluded from the above weighted trade count and value calculations.
A separate list of securities to which SSCBs apply will be prepared for each trading day.
The files below are in CSV format (comma separated value) which can be imported into most spreadsheet and database programs. Column widths showing ###### may have to be increased in order to fully display the data
- Release Date