This webcast features a panel discussion to help IIROC-regulated branch managers, advisors, and anyone in a client-facing position build trust with their multicultural clients by being culturally sensitive. That includes being aware and accepting of other cultures and their cultural identities and making best efforts to accommodate their needs while also ensuring they will have equal access to advice and services regardless of their financial situation. The panel also discusses the importance of using pronouns in a client-facing environment.
- Natalie Hawthorne, Senior Business Conduct Compliance Examiner, IIROC
- Marjorie Minet, Vice-President, Wealth Management Advisory Services Division, Desjardins
- Lillah Penddah, Compliance Practice Review Specialist, ATB Securities Inc.
- Danish Shaikh, Wealth Advisor, Scotia Wealth Management, ScotiaMcLeod
- Charles C. Smith, EDI-AR Consultant, Charles C. Smith Consulting
The webcast will be available on Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 7 a.m. Eastern Time and on a 24/7 basis after that date.
There will be 1.0 Professional Development continuing education credits available.