The emergence of crypto-asset trading has been an important area of interest to IIROC and regulators around the world. This webcast, recorded at the IIROC Annual Conference last fall, discusses some of the risks associated with crypto-asset trading and possible solutions to address these risks. Topics covered in the webcast include:
- What to regulate
- Custody and verification of assets
- Price determination
- Systems and business continuity
- Conflicts of interest
Our presenters are:
- Sonali GuptaBhaya, Director of Market Regulation Policy at IIROC and the Chair of IIROC’s Crypto-Asset Group
- Erica Young, Policy Counsel in IIROC’s Member Regulation Policy Group and Vice-Chair of IIROC’s Crypto-Asset Group
- Tanya Woods, Managing Director of the Chamber of Digital Commerce Canada.
This webcast, will be available for viewing on June 11, 2020 at 7:00 am Eastern time and on a 24/7 basis after that date.
Your participation in this webcast will earn you 1.0 hours of IIROC Continuing Education Compliance Credits.
To register for this webcast, please click on the link above. To access a full list of available CE accredited webcasts, please click here.
To access all upcoming Member Education Services Events, simply subscribe to IIROC’s ePublications service at www.iiroc.ca and select the following categories: “Education Notices” and “Member Events.” ePublications is a free, self-managed system, whereby subscribers can change their selection criteria whenever and as many times as they want, making it a quick and easy way to receive information.