We are pleased to announce that IIROC will host a virtual conference on Wednesday, October 13, from 1 to 2 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), about Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism (EDI-AR). The theme is “Fostering a Diverse and Inclusive Environment”.
The conference will feature a panel discussion to help IIROC-regulated branch managers, advisors, and anyone in a client-facing position build trust with their multicultural clients by being culturally sensitive. That includes being aware and accepting of other cultures and their cultural identities and making best efforts to accommodate their needs while also ensuring they will have equal access to advice and services regardless of their financial situation. The panel will also discuss the importance of using pronouns in a client-facing environment.
The participants of the industry panel will include:
- Natalie Hawthorne, Senior Business Conduct Compliance Examiner, IIROC
- Marjorie Minet, Vice-President, Wealth Management Advisory Services Division, Desjardins
- Lillah Penddah, Compliance Practice Review Specialist, ATB Securities Inc.
- Danish Shaikh, Wealth Advisor, Scotia Wealth Management, ScotiaMcLeod
- Charles C. Smith, EDI-AR Consultant, Charles C. Smith Consulting
The conference will be broadcast in English and French, and a webcast will be released shortly after the event date.
This conference qualifies for 1.0 Professional Development CE credit. CE letters will be distributed via email at the conclusion of the event.
Register for the October 13 event.