Date opened: January 13, 2022
IIROC is proposing amendments (Proposed Amendments) to our:
- reporting and internal investigation requirements in Parts A and B of Rule 3700 (ComSet Reporting Requirements),
- client complaint handling requirements in Parts D and E of Rule 3700 (Complaint Requirements), and
- gatekeeper obligations of directors, officers and employees of Participants in UMIR Rule 10.16 (Gatekeeper Obligations).
The Proposed Amendments:
- make our ComSet Reporting Requirements and Complaint Requirements clearer and more consistent with existing regulatory expectations,
- reduce duplicative reporting to IIROC by eliminating overlapping ComSet Reporting Requirements and Gatekeeper Obligations, and
- enhance our Complaint Requirements by codifying client complaint handling best practices.
We are also republishing for comment proposed amendments to Rule 9500 (Proposed Rule 9500 Amendments) to eliminate restrictions on information IIROC can receive from its approved ombudsman service, the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI). We originally published the Proposed Rule 9500 Amendments in Notice 19-0181.