IIROC has three appointed standing committees, each appointed by the Board and comprises at least five Directors:
Corporate Governance Committee
The Corporate Governance Committee is charged with:
- Recommending candidates eligible to serve on the Board and its committees with a view to ensuring that the Board reflects the national character of IIROC and draws upon the diversity and expertise of its members;
- Reviewing the governance principles and practices of IIROC;
- Ensuring that IIROC identifies and manages potential conflicts of interest;
- Establishing a process for, and overseeing, self-assessment by the Board and its committees; and
- Appointing individuals to IIROC's Hearing Committee.
Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
The Finance, Audit and Risk Committee is charged with assisting the Board in its oversight of:
- The integrity of IIROC’s accounting and financial reporting processes;
- The qualifications, independence and performance of IIROC’s external and internal auditors;
- IIROC’s processes relating to its internal control systems and security of information; and
- IIROC's policies and processes for risk management.
Human Resources and Pension Committee
The Human Resources and Pension Committee is charged with:
- Ensuring IIROC can attract and retain personnel with the appropriate status and experience to achieve its corporate objectives;
- Ensuring IIROC can attract and retain a workforce that will enhance the professionalism and effectiveness of the organization; and
- Assisting the Board in its oversight of IIROC’s human resources policies and procedures, benefits and pension plans, and with ensuring regulatory compliance thereof.
Back to top